Curriculum (60 ECTS)
Management of Organizations
- Systematically and autonomously develop a working philosophy of organization management that will enable him/her to perform more effectively in business.
- Comprehensively understand the core components of management design, organisational dynamics, corporate strategies and finance.
- Comprehensively understand the managerial and organizational effects of organization management and employ such understanding to real case scenarios.
- Systematically identify new roles emerging in organizations in the 21st century as a result of innovations and globalization in technology.
- Autonomously determine the core managerial activities that contribute to managerial effectiveness.
- Comprehensively identify the main causes of stress in managerial life from a range covering mismatches between capabilities and role, player-manager tension and everyday stressors like time pressures and the need for time management.
- Address marketing problems and opportunities using a variety of strategies and tactics.
- Evaluate the results of marketing activities using criteria related to forecasted sales, budgeted expenses, forecasted profits and other appropriate marketing criteria.
- Conduct the process of inquiry, and respond to feedback, accounting for ethical, social and cultural issues.
- Systematically understand core aspects of the role of marketing management within an organizational context and deploy originality in the application of the same knowledge.
- Demonstrate self-direction in dealing with complex issues emanating from the knowledge gathered on the marketing context of different relevant sectors.
Accounting and Finance
- Successfully develop a sound financial accounting system and internal controls.
- Autonomously acquire in-depth knowledge and understanding of the concepts and principles of finance.
- Successfully reconcile an account and analyse the outcomes of such reconciliation.
- Systematically identify different financial statements and its corresponding elements in order to establish the financial situation of an entity.
- Comprehensively understand the best accounting practices and demonstrate self-direction in promoting such.
- Act autonomously in displaying financial issues pertaining to a specific case and deploy originality and professionalism in proposing solutions to the issue.
Strategic Corporate Management
- Compose research and evaluation into a critical, written format.
- Form, formulate, implement and evaluate business strategies.
- Know key strategic management concepts.
- Plan objectives and supporting strategies.
- Have knowledge of some important tools and techniques of strategic analysis and management.
- Have high level of understanding of theories, models, issues and debates regarding strategic management.
Human Resource Management
- Manage the employment relationship, which is a shared responsibility between employers, management, human resources specialists and employees.
- Successfully operate HR-Management platforms that have been developed to assist the Human Resources departments to operate in an effective and efficient way.
- Foster emotional intelligence and successfully identify how this can be an opportunity to business sectors.
- Explain the various functions of human resource management and identify their relationship to the workplace from the perspective of both employee and employer.
- Developing the knowledge, skills and concepts needed to resolve actual human resource management problems or issues.
- Successfully develop a practical understanding and ability to assess an organization.
- Develop the ability to determine organizational challenges in real life.
- Deploy originality when identifying a project proposal and be able to successfully address the core objectives of the project in a final report.
- Demonstrate critical awareness of a current problem and how business theories may be applied in real life to develop a successful activity, or part of, an entrepreneurial endeavour.
- Systematically comprehend the need of considering the core components of business management theories in industry and appreciate that these may contribute towards the improvement of business activities.
Applied Resource Methods
- Successfully employ different methods of research to a given topic and ensure to reduce the limitation for the best possible research outcome.
- Systematically identify a tentative research problem that will be subsequently developed into a research proposal and ensure that the research question is successfully addressed through the chosen methods.
- Autonomously draft a thesis dissertation taking into account a number of research elements along the development of the research process.
- Systematically and creatively deal with complex issues pertaining to a research question and demonstrate self-direction in identifying lacunae in the academic literature that could be further addressed.
- Autonomously display knowledge in using and proposing library references, sources and services relevant to a specific project.
- Comprehensively understand appropriate and relevant fundamental and applied evidence-based knowledge and undertake lifelong learning to improve personal and professional practice through continuous high-level research.
Challenges in Tourism and Hotel Management
- Successfully identify and apply different solutions to the challenges faced by the global hospitality industry.
- Deploy originality when establishing ad hoc working groups to discuss solutions for challenges being faced by the hospitality industry.
- Act autonomously in developing strategies to mobilise policy-makers to assist the hospitality industry when faced by challenges.
- Comprehensively understand the varied kinds of challenges modern organisations face.
- Demonstrate adequate knowledge in proposing strategies on how to transform challenges into opportunities.
- Propose new hypothesis on how sectors that are facing specific challenges can improve their situation by conducting research.
Emerging Issues and Trends in Tourism and Hotel Management
- Successfully deal with the major emerging national, state, and local issues and trends currently facing humans and their potential impact on hospitality industry and creatively identify ways how these emerging issues may offer an alternative to the hospitality industry in the way they operate.
- Systematically use the best theoretical models related to doing business in emerging markets to successfully operate within the global hospitality industry sector.
- Autonomously identify strategic issues and dilemmas managers face in their efforts to expand into or from emerging markets and effectively propose new strategies that may contribute towards new emerging markets.
- Effectively conduct business research to explore commercial realities and national cultures in emerging markets.
- Manage business evaluations and systematically assess the way in which multinationals from emerging markets can expand into developed economies as well as other emerging markets.
- Systematically comprehend the core elements of different issues and trends and creatively describe generally acceptable approaches that may be employed to situations arising from the same.
- Comprehensively understand and critically consider the origins of the study of, definitions and underlying theories associated with emerging trends analysis and foresight studies for different business sectors.
- Manage one’s own learning on academic arguments discussing the key future trends which are most likely to impact upon business and management practices in the future.
- Demonstrate self-direction in the acquisition of knowledge relating to applied business reports and systematically understand how to analyse, operationalise and strategies for the likely impacts of future trends on the challenges facing society, business and the environment on the work of an organization, government body or commercial enterprise.
Advanced Case Studies in Tourism and Hotel Management
- Analyse and come up with viable solutions to real life organizational challenges of the global hospitality industry operating within a business context.
- Systematically and creatively deal with complex issues related to effective leadership and adequately identify how employees can be motivated to create an ideal working environment and increase effectiveness of the business.
- Systematically manage the strategies used to increase communication among administrative leaders.
- Deploy originality in managing group dynamics and enhancing teamwork in the workplace.
- Manage the information, models, and theories to understand a business situation and prioritise key drivers or issues.
- Systematically analyse information to provide creative and pragmatic evaluations and solutions with professional scepticism.
- Use own perspective, views and ideas to contribute to understanding problems and opportunities, and in improving business performance.
- Deploy originality when communicating conclusions, recommendations and reservations in formats relevant and appropriate to the recipient and other relevant stakeholders.
- Demonstrate critical awareness of the core concepts of the hospitality industry case problems and apply them in various contexts.
- Comprehensively understand the significance of ethics and social responsibility of the roles of the administrative leaders and systematically identify how the office environment can impact on employee’s performance.
- Describe regulatory, policy, and programmatic approaches to dealing with specific case problems within the business administration sector.
- Demonstrate self-direction when carrying out research on a specific topic identified and deploy originality and constructive criticism when capitalising on what other researchers have previously achieved through their approach.
- Comprehensively demonstrate knowledge on the theoretical framework which the learners employ in the thesis and be self-critical of the model implemented.
- Systematically demonstrate competency in researching topics related to chosen area of study and manage the research project along a defined timescale towards completion.
- Deploy originality in developing research methodology and be responsible for proficient data collection.
- Conduct research into a phenomenon.
- Conduct gap analysis to identify relevant areas in the literature to research into.
- Select appropriate methodology to conduct a specific research.
- Conduct effective data analysis, interpretation and discussions.
- Comprehensively identify the key resource available on the chosen research topic and use the same resources to construct the research questions.
- Systematically understand the core components of different research methodologies and choose a specific method which would provide the best outcomes for the student’s research project.
- Deploy originality in the presentation of arguments and demonstrate knowledge which equates Master level in the topic being addressed.
- Creatively deal with complex issues which arise throughout the research activity, particularly those related to sampling, data collection and analysis.